Effective January 1, 2018
The Non-Medical Out of Home Care (NMOHC) Payment Standard will be as follows:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI): $750
- State Supplementary Payment (SSP): $423.37
- Total NMOHC Payment Standard: $1173.37
Amounts are double for SSI/SSP couples.
The NMOHC Payment Standard includes the following components:
- Room and board: $505.37
- Care and supervision: $534 maximum
- Amount payable for basic services: $1039.37
- Personal and incidental needs allowance (must be provided to the recipient): $134
Recipients who have income in addition to their SSI/SSP check (e.g. pension, Social Security retirement, disability benefits) can be charged $1039.37 for basic services plus an addition $20. Because federal rules do not count the first $20 of a recipient’s income against his/her SSI/SSP grant, an SSI/SSP recipient with other income has an extra $20 that people who receive only an SSI/SSP check do not have. Neither federal nor state law restricts the recipient in how this additional $20 is spent. Thus, if the recipient agrees in the admission agreement to pay the additional $20 for basic services, the facility may charge that additional amount.
Click here for the full list of SSI/SSP payment standards for 2018.