These resources are intended to help senior living communities navigate the fast-changing COVID-19 guidance. It is recommended that you follow instructions from health care providers, local or state health departments, state regulatory agencies, and your organization’s policies and procedures. When there are conflicts from official guidance, the most restrictive applies.
- State of CA:
These toolkits and resources provide education on the vaccine process and help encourage vaccine adoption.
- Vaccine Resources from CALA Members (1/29/21) – Members Only
This toolkit contains customizable materials that members have used to encourage vaccinations within their communities:
- State of California: Vaccinate All 58 Toolkit
This toolkit includes a fact sheet, social media posts, and “Vaccinate All 58” logos to help inform your communities about the vaccine.
- PowerPoint Presentation – Promoting Covid-19 Vaccine Confidence
- COVID-19 Vaccine Education Toolkit
Q&A documents for staff, residents, and family members as well as strategies for improving staff and resident confidence in the vaccine, among other resources
- COVID-19 California Alliance:
STOP COVID19 CA: https://www.stopcovid-19ca.org/
These materials were developed by UCLA and a collaborative of academic institutions and community partners to address gaps in COVID-19 (mis)information, vaccine trial participation, and vaccination accessibility.
- Obtaining a CLIA Waiver, California Assisted Living Association (1/5/22)
If you would like to access the currently approved rapid antigen test, Abbott’s BinaxNOW, or a future type of testing that can be performed and read on-site you will need a CLIA waiver specific to the building where the tests will be conducted. Click here for more information on obtaining a CLIA waiver.
- CDPH guidance on reporting positive tests through CalREDIE and aggregated test results for all non-positive tests through a daily survey, Laboratory Field Services
- Guidance for Congregate Living Facilities Performing Waived Antigen Testing
Guidance to help RCFEs and other licensed facilities understand the legal requirements for performing waived antigen tests for COVI-19.
- Online Application User Guides, Laboratory Field Services (10/20)
Click here for an FAQ document.
- New Facility Application Checklist, Laboratory Field Services (1/21)
Download the checklist to help gather information and documents and for submitting a completed CLIA waiver application.
- Abbott BinaxNOW Test Program
- COVID-19 State Valencia Branch Lab
Allen Flores Consulting
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Guidance Document (9/14/22)
- Contact and Droplet Precautions Sign
- PPE Demand Calculator
- COVID-19 Line List
- Webinar Videos
- COVID-19 Boosters and Flu Vaccines Updates | Webinar Handouts (9/16/22)
- COVID-19 California Booster Mandates | Webinar Handouts (1/6/22)
- COVID-19 Update: Quarantine and Isolation Guidelines | Webinar Handouts (12/31/21)
- COVID Vaccine Booster Update | Webinar Handouts (9/27/21)
- Overcoming Staffing Challenges | Webinar Handouts (9/23/21)
- COVID-19 Boosters | Webinar Handouts (8/31/21)
- California Visitor Requirements | Webinar Handouts (8/31/21)
- COVID-19 Delta Variant Update | Webinar Handouts (8/2/21)
- COVID-19: PIN 21-17-ASC | Webinar Handouts (3/24/21)
- Helping Staff Grieve with Cumulative Death Webinar | Webinar Handouts (2/19/21)
- Webinar on Antigen Testing | Webinar Handouts (9/28/20)
Alzheimer’s Care Associates
- Small Group-Individual-One on One Programming Ideas
Ideas for maintaining physical, mental, and spiritual engagement for all residents, including mobile cart activities.
- Resident Engagement Ideas for Memory Care
- Coronavirus Preparation and Response Toolkit
This toolkit contains resources and suggested best practices for COVID-19 preparation and response in senior living communities.
- EEOC Issues Updated Guidance For Employer COVID-19 Vaccination Programs (12/21/20)
- COVID-19 Vaccination: CALA Members May Require Employees To Be Vaccinated Subject To Certain Exceptions (12/7/20)
Department of Social Services
- DSS Visitor Guidance (9/3/21): These resources are from the DSS Informational Call regarding PIN 21-40-ASC.
- Tips for In-Person Inspections
- Department of Social Services Provider Information Notices (PINs)
- CCLD Waived Requirements, CALA (9/26/22)
- List of Required Postings
This spreadsheet outlines twelve required postings and options for fulfilling requirements.
Office of the Governor
This website highlights critical steps people can take to stay healthy and resources available to Californians impacted by the outbreak.
- COVID – 19 CA Facts and Figures
State-specific information, including the number of cases and quarantine recommendations.
- Link to local Public Health search page
- Return to Work for Healthcare Personnel with Confirmed or Suspected COVID-19
- CDC Sequence for Putting on PPE Sign
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Up-to-date information on Coronavirus in the United States.
- Strategies for Optimizing the Supply of PPE
- CDC Hand Hygiene Video (12/16/19)
- COVID-19 Guidance and Resources
- COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standards Frequently Asked Questions
- Model COVID-19 Prevention Program
- Fit Testing Resources, California Assisted Living Association (2/3/21)
- N95 Respirator Fit Testing Instructions, Willis Towers Watson (5/5/21)