Whether through an internship program or participating in a college job fair, building relationships with schools and students can help grow your workforce. To connect with programs in your area check out these ready-to-use tools:
Outreach to Nearby Sites
- Take a look at these lists of Northern California and Southern California schools with relevant programs (business, hospitality, nursing, culinary, gerontology, etc.) to find contacts in your region.
- When calling nearby program sites, use these talking points.
- Use these fact sheets to demonstrate opportunities for individuals with these backgrounds or degrees:
- Have the chance to visit a class or made a great connection? Let us know and we’ll provide you with flyers and other helpful materials.
|Healthcare Administration||Social Sciences|
- Interested in hosting interns at your community, but aren’t sure what it entails? Check out The Ins & Outs of Offering Internships.
- Review this checklist regarding unpaid interns.
- Download and modify this sample application, as needed.
- Ready to connect with partnering schools or institutions? Here’s a website you might find helpful.
Calling All Students!
Take a look at these tools and resources to help you explore career opportunities best suited to your skills.
- Use this Degree-Based Map to learn about positions suited to a variety of degrees.
- As an alternative, this Interest-Based Map helps individuals explore positions based on what they enjoy or are skilled at doing.
Hear from Senior Living Professionals
- Hear why these young professionals from a variety of backgrounds were drawn to working in senior living.
- Senior living offers great potential to fuel a passion, apply a variety of skills, and grow from there. Lindsey’s story is just one example, among many.
- Natasha’s story is a great example of how someone with a seemingly unrelated background found her way into Senior Living and advanced quickly from there.
- Learn how Radhika Singh advanced from dining room server to executive director in just six years.
- Find out what led three-time Food Network winner Chef Rina to a rewarding career in Senior Living.