The Senior Living profession is on a trajectory for significant job growth. By 2025, a workforce of 136,000 strong will be needed to serve older adults and their families in California. Senior Living offers a purposeful career with the potential for growth and advancement that outpaces many other professions. Whether you’re currently enrolled, a recent graduate, or looking to try something new, you might be surprised by how transferable your skills are.
Take a look at these tools and resources to help you explore career opportunities best suited to your skills:
- Use this Degree-Based Map to begin your Senior Living career exploration.
- Then learn about positions suited to your degree and skillset:
- As an alternative, use this Interest-Based Map to explore positions based on what you enjoy or are skilled at doing.
Hear from Senior Living Professionals
- Hear why these young professionals from a variety of backgrounds were drawn to working in senior living.
- Senior living offers great potential to fuel a passion, apply a variety of skills, and grow from there. Lindsey’s story is just one example.
- Natasha’s story is a great example of how someone with a seemingly unrelated background found her way into Senior Living.
- Learn how Radhika Singh advanced from dining room server to executive director in just six years.
- Find out what led three-time Food Network winner Chef Rina to a rewarding career in Senior Living.
Interested in Learning More About the Profession?
Apply for a scholarship to attend a CALA Conference. Scholarship benefits include:
- Exploring the Senior Living profession through educational sessions and networking events
- Meeting face-to-face with prospective employers
- Learning critical career navigation strategies from a Senior Living recruiter
If you’d like to gain valuable insights and get a head start in your career pursuits, submit your application today.